March 20, 2018
We all have special things in our kitchens we use on a daily basis. The idea of not having our most frequented appliances is quite comforting, it is for me, anyway. I wanted to share 5 appliances that I use quite often and offer the resources for you to own them too, if you’re in the market for some new kitchen swag. I would also like to hear what you can’t live without in your kitchen. Maybe there is something out there I would love to have but I just don’t know about it? Let me know what you think. Ask me any questions you might have, as well!
1. BLACK + DECKER 4-SLICE TOASTER (CLICK IMAGE BELOW)
I love this Black & Decker 4-slice toaster. I would say my husband and I go through periods where we use it every day. The first thing I love about it is even though it is a 4-slice toaster, it isn’t bulky and I can store it in the upper portion of my cabinet. I do not like things sitting out on my counters unless it’s unavoidable (like the coffee maker). Secondly, I love that I can toast 4 things at once. I can make my husband and I bagels or waffles at the same time, which is perfect, because we like to have breakfast together every morning. I can also make toast for sandwiches or to have with dinner, too. We don’t ever have to wait around! Lastly, I love how this toaster is stainless steel and black because that’s the color scheme of the larger appliances in our kitchen!
2. HAMILTON BEACH 10 CUP FOOD PROCESSOR (CLICK IMAGE BELOW)
This Hamilton Beach food processor is definitely not among the most expensive food processors on the market but, I assure you, I can’t tell the difference. You may wonder why I would love a food processor so much or what the hell I use it for. Well, let me tell you. During the end of the 2017 calendar year I decided to eliminate meat from my diet. I still include fish in my diet however, I am not eating chicken, pork, beef, lamb, etc. Yes, I like meat. I am a huge fan of steaks, bacon, hamburgers, and numerous other delicious meaty items. I am trying a different diet to see how it contributes to my health. I’ll let you guys know in a couple months how it’s working out for me. So far, I have lost about 7 LBS.
My food processor has been of great use for a less meaty diet. Here are some recipes I make using my food processor…
(I acquired all of these recipes from Pinterest)
• Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes Here’s the link: https://www.asweetpeachef.com/cauliflower-mashed-potatoes/
• Avocado Pasta Here’s the link: https://damndelicious.net/2014/06/20/avocado-pasta/
• Hummus (the link will have 28 different hummus recipes) Here’s the link: https://communitytable.parade.com/506666/felicialim/28-creamy-hummus-recipes-that-are-crazy-good/
• Chocolate Peanut butter ice cream (one of my personal favorites)
2 tbsp peanut butter
2 chopped frozen bananas
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1. Chop and freeze at least 2 bananas. They will need to be frozen for this to work. Whenever my bananas start turning brown I just cut them up and throw them in the freezer so that I always have some ready to make this.
2. Once frozen, place 2 chopped bananas into your food processor (or a powerful blender or Yonana!), and blend until smooth. You may have to blend and open your processor a few times to stir. Feel free to add a little water or almond milk to help the bananas blend faster, but as they melt a little they will eventually blend without adding anything.
3. Add 2 TBSPs of peanut butter and 1 TBSP of cocoa powder and mix well.
4. Serve and eat immediately.
I found the link to this recipe on pinterest. The actual web browser link is: http://www.listotic.com/ridiculously-healthy-three-ingredient-treats/5/
This Blender is so awesome and you can literally do thousands of different things with it. Here are 2 of my favorites:
Please do yourself a favor and look up some of the delicious cocktail recipes you can make in this blender but you may have to do yourself a bigger favor first and buy a Ninja Professional Blender!
4. KITCHENAID 5-SPEED ULTRA POWER HAND MIXER (CLICK IMAGE BELOW)
I love this hand mixer! It’s easy and lightweight and comes in several different colors (which is secretly my favorite thing about it). I know, I know, you don’t need me to tell you how to use a mixer but if you need a new one or if you’re in the market I highly suggest this one!
5. Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Coffee Maker, Programmable BrewStation Dispensing Coffee Machine (CLICK IMAGE BELOW)
This coffee make is awesome! My husband I use it every single day. What I love most about it is, there is no pot! A pot-less coffee maker is the new thing in case you didn’t know! I used to hate washing the coffee pot all the time and trying to keep the coffee stains off of it! That is now a worry of the past because with this coffee maker there is no such concern! I also love how the part you place the water in to make the coffee is removable and has a lid. I can just grab it, walk it over to the sink, fill it up with water and after closing the lid, take it and set it back on the coffee maker. The whole machine is easily cleaned, too. It’s amazing and I think everyone should have one!
Thanks for be here and reading my blog. I appreciate your love and support with my blogging journey. You being here means more than you’ll ever know!